cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass

Just got an email with an offer for a free Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass.

I have signed up, it shows on my account, but when I access on my phone it says "Pass Required. You'll need a Sky Sports Day, Week or Month Pass to watch this on this device". See attached.

The pass shows on my account, both on the web and on the Android app. I've tried signing out and back in.

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same for me i have a Moto g6 play meets all the specs have sky sports mobile pass but can't watch any sky sports channels through the now TV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I still have the app on my nowtv box and I have active entertainment and movie passes but it says i got to pay for it now was working til last night 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The Sky Sports News HQ is working for me on my smart box with an entertainment & cinema pass.

Maybe try rebooting the nowtv box and perhaps log out and sign back in again to see you can access the channel.

Also double check on the nowtv App under My Account on the box if it shows your active passes when signed into the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just done a factory reset and still wants to charge me. It’s showing my passes are active on my account. I purchased the sports mobile pass today, I wonder if that has something to do with it. I’ve been on chat and they all tell me that I can’t get ssn with entertainment pass. I can watch it on my phone 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

As far as i am aware you can have an entertainment pass when watching Sky Sports News HQ.

If nowtv have changed their policy (which i don't think they have) then they help guide needs amending about SSN.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-sky-sports-news-hq-app-on-now-tv-box-stick

I haven't got a sports mobile pass, so maybe like you said it effecting you watching the SSN on your nowtv box with your entertainment & cinema pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help and input mate much appreciated it, I’ll just try tomorrow as I’ll have more time to sort it cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have the same problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the right phone but get the message Pass Required, you'll need a ..pass to watch on this device but my email says it is set up and I need not do anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I did try, without success. I believe they detect use of Chromecast, count it as as a separate device, and restrict it that way since it's mobile only pass, if this makees sense. I'm wondering if you can simply mirror from yoiur mobile (as oppposed to cast) but have not investigated as yet.