cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung S10+

Trying to watch a live or downloaded program on a Samsung S10+ gives the "Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices...." error, even though I don't have any HDMI connected, nor am I trying to Cast to a device....

Even in Airplane Mode trying to play a downloaded show....

Help please??

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like there is something on the Samsung Phone settings that is fooling the NowTV App that you are attempting to watch on a TV screen or Monitor.

I don't own a Samsung mobile, but perhaps see if the Smart View feature is enabled and if so see what happens if you disable it (assuming that it can be switched off).

More info here about Smart View.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-smart-view-to-display-my-device-on-my-tv-or-other-device/ 

This is a bit of a long shot to be honest.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but Smart View is off by default (unable to "Force Stop" the background process though). NowTV app incompatible with Samsung Galaxy S10+ screen settings?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Try this Samsung helpline:-

General Support

Smartphone support | 24 hours, 7 days a week

They may not know about the NowTV app, but they ought to know about what sort of thing, on the phone, might be provoking this response from it, and how you can switch that off, if it is user-configurable.

There are about three video-sharing methods on these phones, depending on model and Android version, of which SmartView is just one, and it may be that one of the others is operative.

We might also hope, if Samsung don’t initially know what is going on, that they could install the NowTV app on a lab S10+ and investigate further.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Working fine on my Samsung S10+ 

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Actually when playing a film I have chosen to download, I always get the loading four spinning colour things in the center of the screen that never go. How does anyone watch a film like that?