cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roaming

Hi guy's,

I'm currently working in the eu. Ive been trying to get my now TV working on my mobile phone and tablet that are linked to my now Tv account. I keep have to same message pop up saying that roaming is blocked in the European country that I'm in but it's on the approved list states by now TV. Any ideas on how to get round this issue?

Many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  did you buy the pass before you went overseas? You can watch abroad but not buy. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had now TV for about two years to I need to buy a pass for abroad?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi guy's,

I'm currently working in the eu. Ive been trying to get my now TV working on my mobile phone and tablet that are linked to my now Tv account. I keep have to same message pop up saying that roaming is blocked in the European country that I'm in but it's on the approved list states by now TV. Any ideas on how to get round this issue?

Many thanks in advance

You get 30 days use abroad, after which the service has to be used in the UK before it can be used again for another 30 days abroad.

Wanting to renew a prescription online a few days before leaving Spain, so it would be ready for collection when I got home, I found the service geo-blocked; but a quick burst on a VPN surfacing in the UK was enough to satisfy the prescription service, which then let me place my order.

Rules about buying things are odd also; any National Lottery ticket I bought ad-hoc while abroad would not be valid, but my UK-established monthly direct debit is fine. And I can check my results while abroad, but get dire warnings not to try to buy any tickets, or anything else not legal from another country (the Lottery knows what is and isn’t legal in the UK for users coming in from overseas, but not what the rules in the originating country might be, which are often more draconian).

Bottom line here is that if you let an established pass keep auto-renewing, you are probably fine, but do not interrupt the service and try to restart it from abroad, nor try to buy a new sort of pass.

But it’s likely the 30-day rule you have fallen foul of, not pass purchasing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.