cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problems with subtitles on chromecast streaming

Hi,

I just started using the app in general and I only use it from my phone to then stream to the TV via chromecast. We like using the subtitles to watch TV but they are showing half cut in the left corner of the screen, not being visible at all. How to fix that? I couldn't any configuration on the app.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issues on Chromecast from my android too.

Using the chat, the operator tried to blame it on the chromecast. Performed a factory reset on the chromecast and also uninstalling and reinstalling the Google home app but to no avail. They don't seem to care.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue with mine. Did either of you (@OliviaOD) find a solution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No unfortunately. I've resorted to using a now TV stick. No issues there. But Chromecast still missing half.

Sorry to not be of much help @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's alright, thank you so much though! If I come across anything, I'll be sure to report back. Enjoy the rest of your weekend 😊

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just started have exactly the same issue.  Subtitles were working fine but last few days only a portion is showing in left hand screen.  Very frustrating as rely quite a bit on subtitles and if no solution will probably have to cancel membership.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same issue. Sometimes the subtitles have worked pretty much 100%, but I have yet to work out if it is something that I am doing is causing it or fixing it. If I do find out I will post it here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also have the same issue. Again, everything was fine a couple of weeks ago. 

I managed to update the firmware on my ChomeCast to the latest version : 

Chromecast (2nd gen) — Firmware version 1.44.185164

Check yours here :

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7124014?hl=en-GB

Unfortunately the problem still remains on both Andriod and Apple devices.

😞

Tip - anyone on old firmware and want to force upgrade - subscribe to  Preview Programme in the Google Home App - under settings, then reboot the device. This invokes downloading of the latest firmware.

This issue is with the NowTV app pushing the subtitles to chromecast, as all other steaming services i.e. iPlayer, ITV hub, My5,  dont have this issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update - Subtitles appear to work ok now. Hmmmm.... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a gen 1 Chromecast, and by experimenting it appears that successful subtitles can be achieved so times depending  on exactly when you select the subtitles to come on just as the programme is starting. Leave it late, and you never get good subtitles.