cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Privacy Issues on iOS

In addition to all of the usability issues with Now TV’s various apps (including the total neglect of their Apple TV app)  , in testing the latest iOS 14 beta (where the Now TV app crashes on launch) the new system privacy features reveal that Now TV reads the contents of the device’s clipboard immediately upon launch (even prior to the iOS 14 crashing - and Sky Go, which crashes in the same way isn’t examining the clipboard so i expect the issue is unrelated).

To my knowledge there is no way to share any sort of links to Now TV content (and even if there is, it should launch via a URI redirecting from Safari). In that case why is it that Now TV is spying on user’s clipboards? This is hugely concerning and severely undermines any trust users should have for the Now TV apps.

1 REPLY 1
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Running MacOs 14, I don’t see the clipboard listed under privacy settings. That said, if I copy text from a page in Safari, there is a quick “Now TV pasted from Safari” just before NowTV crashes. Putting text from any other app onto the clipboard before launching NowTV will put that app’s name in the message. Curious.