cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playback codec decoding error

Hi, trying to watch live TV on Lenovo tablet but after about 5 minutes it will stop and error for playback codec decoder will appear, have deleted and reinstalled app but still get same message.

Can anyone help??

Thx

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the problem using mobile data or Wi-Fi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 it's happening on both WiFi and 4g for me

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User my only other suggestion right now is to see if toggling the playback quality makes any difference and check that it's the latest app build.

I have had a good look around online for OnePlus codec errors and can't find any. The update mentioned by @Anonymous User is to fix Netflix and Prime video only playing in Standard Def instead of HDR and HD.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-8-pro-netflix-issue-1124716/amp/

If you get continued problems try the OnePlus Community. There's a lot of very knowledgeable people there.

Screenshot_20200711-073751.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems to be working now. Not sure if there was an app update in the last day or two?

Am I just lucky? (Been watching for 10 minutes so far, on Sky Sports News)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Jon,

Good spot with Sky News. I am still having problems with the Sky Sports
Premier League channel though. I have the mobile pass so I can't test all
the channels but the following that come with the mobile pass seem to work
fine: Sky News, Sky Action and Sky Racing.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having the same problem with my OnePlus 8, it plays for 1 second in poor quality then I get the error message. I'm currently running Oxygen OS 10.5.7.

A new update is expected soon for this device that fixes video problems with Netflix and Amazon Prime. I'll report back if NowTv works too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same issue on the OnePlus 8.  No idea what to do. We're you able to resolve?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought I'd (they'd) fixed it but it was just the one time and it stopped working again, so I've solved the issue another way: Cancelled my pass. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the update

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For what it's worth, my pass hasn't ended yet and I just tried again and still get the decoding error.