cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playback codec decoding error

Hi, trying to watch live TV on Lenovo tablet but after about 5 minutes it will stop and error for playback codec decoder will appear, have deleted and reinstalled app but still get same message.

Can anyone help??

Thx

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just ordered Nowtv broadband with Sky Sports. I have found the same error on my Lenovo Tablet when trying to watch Sky Sports. The tablet is a YT3-X90F, with Android 6.01, and device software upto date. Other players work. The window that comes up includes "PLAYBACK_CODEC_DECODING_ERROR". I have cleared cache, uninstalled/reinstalled and rebooted my tablet etc. and the problem persists. There is no problem with the app on my phone. Please can anyone provide a solution. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem trying to use my android tablet - Hudl 2. I've watched live sport on Now TV with this tablet since 2015. Tonight when I logged on I was told to uninstall the Now TV app and then re-install it as there had been an update. I did this and now find that every time I try to watch I get cut off after about 30 seconds with the message saying PLAYBACK_CODEC_DECODING_ERROR. It also tells me to contact the Online Support Team. This forum is all I can find. Does it mean this ? I've never had a problem using this tablet before. I can still receive Now TV on my television using a Now TV box but that that is no use as I wanted to use my tablet in another room. Can anybody help me ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same problem with a Hudl 2, which stopped working over the weekend, with the same message. 

After an hour on 'live chat I was told that Now TV no longer support the Hudl 2. However, i could find nothing to confirm this,  either on the website or the internet. Also i notice, from the posts on here, that its not just a problem with the Hudl.

Would  appreciate it if any one from the community could help or even it it were at all possible for Now TV to confirm or deny that support has been withdrawn.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had it confirmed, again, by 'live chat' that the Hudl 2 is no longer supported by Now TV. 

Very frustrating. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If they support Android 5.1 or whatever your tablet is running on, then surely they support your device? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also getting the same message on my Lenovo Yoga Tab 3.  Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the same error when trying to stream live TV on my One Plus 8 device running Android oxygen OS 10.5.7 (latest version). I have no issues streaming non-live content. Account is working without issue on iPad.

I have already uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cache and data, removed and re-added device to my account.

Anyone any ideas please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem for me on a OnePlus 8 (non Pro) and it's very odd as I'm able to use on other phones as part of the BBK empire (including Oppo and Realme).

It usually plays 1 or 2 seconds before pausing and giving the error. Sometimes it may last 5 or 6.

Any advice? I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it makes no difference.

(Phone firmware is 10.5.7.IN21BA)

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User I'm on a 7t (OS 10.0.11HD65BA) and get the codec error when I'm using 4g and the signal drops for a split second. On WiFi it's faultless and never had an error.

Are you seeing this on 4g, WiFi or both?