cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture in picture on iPad

Hi,

Are there plans to provide picture in picture on an iPad so when press home button the picture reduces to a corner of the screen?

I can do this with BBC iPlayer, BT sport and TV Player apps.

thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

No plans have been announced as yet, the feature has been requested before and is in the ideas section of the forum. Best thing you can do for now is to vote for the idea and/or leave a comment to show your support - you can also read responses from the NOW TV Team, which is basically a 'it might something they look at in the future' response.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Using-Picture-in-Picture-on-iPad-Pro/idi-p/354805

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would also love to have this as an option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is sorely needed and very easy to update to support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also agree, this is a basic function that completely stops workflow! 

please update as soon as possible!!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I wish I had a workflow that could include watching NowTV on an iPad!

Unless you are a TV critic, how did you swing that? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that iPhones can also handle Picture in Picture with iOS14, this really needs to be introduced. Every other streaming app I have supports it. Please can this be prioritised.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I don't own or use an Apple device but on an Android device if you hit the home button to come out of the app (while a video is playing), picture in picture is activated allowing you to use other apps.

It may be a setting that you have to activate in iOS/outside of the app.

Screenshot_20200916-095718.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Saint1976,

Cheers for the reply.

l’ve just moved from Android to iOS. It worked for me when I was on Android. 

I have PiP turned on in iOS, it works for other apps but not NowTV.

Happy to be corrected if I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks

Barny

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User the only thing I can suggest would be to email customer support incase they've hidden it away somewhere. Searching other forum posts doesn't return any matches other than this thread. I know on YouTube you can swipe from the bottom of the screen to activate pip on iPhone but it may be different again for iPad.

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces).