cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saint1976
Elite 3

On demand sport missing

Anyone missing On Demand sport from their mobile device (Android). It disappeared last night, deleted app and reinstalled with no success.

Screenshot_20211117-143101.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

It looks like it's under the "Discover" sub menu for me on my Android Tablet .

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps yes found it although I can categorically swear it wasn't there last night or earlier today when I went hunting for something!

All it kept showing was up coming stuff. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

To be honest i noticed some front end changes last night such has a live TV Entertainment channel grid row on the main home screen, but didn't look in the Sports section to see if any changes was made.

Guessing you are absolutely right and the App amendments is evolving on the fly in the last 24 hours.

Not sure if i like the amendments compared to the old layout.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps combining two sections into one seems a bit confusing and will no doubt catch more people out.

Never quite understood the constant tinkering with any of the Now apps. The Android app has got very messy.

While I try not to compare services, I like that Netflix etc leave everything alone until a big refresh is needed every few years.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

Can't agree more 👍.

What i really liked or maybe got familiar with on the Android mobile NOW App is when you selected Entertainment and Channels from the drop down menu, the list of on Demand channels was a tab list on the top of the screen and i found it much easier going to the channel that i was after.

Also i preferred in the past that each channel on Demand folder was laid out on screen in a A-Z Alphabetical order.

NOW have been tinkering also with the NOW Home Screen on their branded devices and have hidden from obvious sight the Apps Store and Settings that was on the bottom grid row.

A couple a forum members have asked where they have disappeared to and you need to press the back button on the remote when on the home screen for them to appear on the LHS.

Also prefer the old layout, where when you opened or switched on NOW it would default and highlight the TV Guide tile box (first tile box top left hand corner).

Not that keen on Trending & New grid row, where the TV Guide tile box is second to third in on the row and not that clear or obvious with regards to the tile box thumbnail (would rather them show some sort of TV Guide graphic image in the title box and background art).

It took NOW a couple of years to introduce search for content under Actor or Director and it worked really well.

Then a newer App update a few versions back has hidden this extra search feature on NOW branded devices by again using the back button on the remote whilst on the home screen page to bring up the search on the LHS if you are looking for a particular Actor or Director.

Been pestering NOW to add this slightly more advanced search method not only on the main home screen or hitting the star button on the NOW Remote, but across all playback platforms.