cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Old versions of android app

Ive just bought an android projector but it's android 7. Does anyone know what version of the Now TV app worked for this release of android as it's too old to see the current versions of any of the streaming apps in the play store

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried casting from a smartphone or tablet using the NowTV App if your projector has the inbuilt Google Chromecast feature ?

Also a NowTV Stick or Amazon Fire TV Stick will take little power when streaming.

Looking at this specification link the NowTV Stick takes less than 3.5 watts when streaming HD.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-box-stick-technical-specification 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It sounds like your projector is using some sort of version of Android TV, which NowTV doesn't currently support apart from Sony Smart TV's with the Android TV OS.

NowTV does support Android version 7 for mobile devices such has smartphones & tablets.

Does your projector offer inbuilt Chromecast feature or have an a HDMI socket to use with an external HDMI device such has a NowTV or Amazon Fire Stick ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

thaks for replying, it does have the ability to cast to or hdmi in but I live on a boat with electricity being a premium, i'm trying to find the apks for old android 7 versions of the relative streaming apps so I can run the projector as a standalone device

thanks again

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried casting from a smartphone or tablet using the NowTV App if your projector has the inbuilt Google Chromecast feature ?

Also a NowTV Stick or Amazon Fire TV Stick will take little power when streaming.

Looking at this specification link the NowTV Stick takes less than 3.5 watts when streaming HD.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-box-stick-technical-specification