cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Nowtv app won't play on my Android tablet

Simliar situation only I get error code 38. Worked fine yesterday but cant play a thing today. Online support said do a factory reset which I'm reluctant to do since that involve deleting all my apps... Must be a better way around this
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Esem66 have you tried going into your settings on your phone on to apps and to the Now app and clearing all the data?  Then uninstalling the app.  Going into my apps where it has remembered apps to delete from there.  Switch off phone and back on again.   Then try re-installing? You might need chat on hand if it uses up a device slot.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Some non rooted phones show as rooted due to the settings put on by the manufacturer. If you go on chat, they should be able to advise on whether this can be adjusted.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Contact Now...

Highlighted
Advocate

Reported 16April but no fix yet - hope below helps Nowtv (my tablet is Galaxy SM-T520 standard)

What works correctly :

- Nowtv streaming server..BT isp..BT DNS..BT firewall..BT Homehub3..Nowtvbox..TV

- as above but with BT Homehub5

- Nowtv streaming server..O2 isp..O2 DNS..O2 firewall..Galaxy S3 phone (3G)..Nowtv app..Tablet <<< NOWTV NOTE THIS

What gives 0x23 or 0x29 message after making Nowtv selection..loading..connecting..........

- Nowtv streaming server..BT isp..BT DNS..BT firewall..BT Homehub3..Nowtv app..Tablet

- as above with BT Homehub5

It is NOT fixed by restarting, reinstalling app, signing out/in, counting to a million, crossing fingers etc etc ...

I believe it is a problem between the NowTV app and the BT DNS or BT firewall - we users can't fix this.

Will Nowtv please sort out their app to work properly with all isps ?

Thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ron5 if you were to try using Now App at different location from home you would know if issue is phone or BT WiFi

Contact Now...

Highlighted
Advocate

Well this is a coincidence. I have a galaxy sm-t520. Funnily enough it recently has stopped playing videos from nowtv from the app.

I can cast from the device fine, I can't play anything on the device.

It's not routed and I'm in the UK before you ask.

I think you need to look at your apps compatibility with this tablet. As it doesn't work, not seemingly able to register as a device. It must be a problem at your end. Please can you investigate and fix your compatibility with this tablet.

Thanks

Dan

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Danox82

Sorry to hear your also facing issues.

Do you get any error messages ?

Have you tried your tablet on any other WIFI networks other than your home WIFI at all to see if it works ?

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Now TV app has stopped working on my Google Nexus  tablet. Wondering if this is related to the latest Android update. Very frustrating. It just says app not working, restart.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

@DTVT

Hi, 

Sorry to know about this.

Could you please let us know the current Android version on the tablet?

Thanks. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Having the same issues as everyone else. First error code 9. Reinstalled andnow error code 10. No playback at all. 

0 Thanks