cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv app won't play on my Android tablet

Sometime ago I used to watch films on my tablet but now that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I have uinstalled and reinstalled, cleared the cache but still getting the same error message: SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT. GIVE IT A MOMENT OR CHECK NOWTV.COM/STATUS FOR UP DATES (ERROR:0 X 29). Is there anything you can do to help? The funny thing is that it works on my phone just not my tablet. The people on live chat were not helpful at all. Thanks.
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still having the  same issue, just gets to the point that it says "connecting"  then brings up the previous error message. 

Getting pretty annoyed with this now, it's not acceptable that it's still an ongoing issue. 

Tried all the previously mentioned fixes and nothing has worked. 

Get it sorted 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this same problem and have tried all of the above. If anyone has any suggestions id be grateful.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear your having issues.

Would you be able to let us know some more information.

What device -

Is it modified -

Are you using any VPN's/DNS settings to alter location -

Android Version -

NOW TV App version -

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Simliar situation only I get error code 38. Worked fine yesterday but cant play a thing today. Online support said do a factory reset which I'm reluctant to do since that involve deleting all my apps... Must be a better way around this
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User have you tried going into your settings on your phone on to apps and to the Now app and clearing all the data?  Then uninstalling the app.  Going into my apps where it has remembered apps to delete from there.  Switch off phone and back on again.   Then try re-installing? You might need chat on hand if it uses up a device slot.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Some non rooted phones show as rooted due to the settings put on by the manufacturer. If you go on chat, they should be able to advise on whether this can be adjusted.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ron5 if you were to try using Now App at different location from home you would know if issue is phone or BT WiFi
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well this is a coincidence. I have a galaxy sm-t520. Funnily enough it recently has stopped playing videos from nowtv from the app.

I can cast from the device fine, I can't play anything on the device.

It's not routed and I'm in the UK before you ask.

I think you need to look at your apps compatibility with this tablet. As it doesn't work, not seemingly able to register as a device. It must be a problem at your end. Please can you investigate and fix your compatibility with this tablet.

Thanks

Dan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear your also facing issues.

Do you get any error messages ?

Have you tried your tablet on any other WIFI networks other than your home WIFI at all to see if it works ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Galaxy T520 keeps buffering never players my device brought and located in UK. I have followed thread attempting all solutions with no success can Now TV advise what I need to do.