cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv app won't play on my Android tablet

Sometime ago I used to watch films on my tablet but now that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I have uinstalled and reinstalled, cleared the cache but still getting the same error message: SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT. GIVE IT A MOMENT OR CHECK NOWTV.COM/STATUS FOR UP DATES (ERROR:0 X 29). Is there anything you can do to help? The funny thing is that it works on my phone just not my tablet. The people on live chat were not helpful at all. Thanks.
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

This is starting to become a common thread,  quite a few people seem to be reporting exactly the same problem,  I.e. The app used to work and has since stopped  (giving me the same error code as mentioned above) has now tv got a further resolution to this as location UK,  unistalled/reinstalled and turned off notifications and still nothing? 

Regards 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rich-L wrote:

Hi @JennBags,

Sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing.

Can you please try the following:

1. Delete the NOW TV app
  2. Re install it
  3. Load up the NOW TV app and you should be ask if you'd like to receive notifications -  select No

* If you don’t get prompted with that prompt to receive notifications try to disable NOW TV Notifications in the settings.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

@Anonymous User  I've tried all that, still the same problem! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User still no answer to this. I've tried all your suggestions and still nothing works.  I can't access through the browser as NowTV recognises that I'm on a tablet and redirects me.

I'm not alone in this, and resolution would be appreciated. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User, 

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

We are going to get this looked into further for you. 

Can you please provide me with the following information:

Android device?

System Version?

NOW TV Version? 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F I get the feeling that you guys are just time-wasting - these questions have been asked and answered before:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/Nowtv-app-won-t-play-on-my-Android-tablet/m-p/360186#M3299

I don't know what version of NowTV - it's whatever version was out the last time I uninstalled and re-installed it as per the answer I put in the above post.  Surely you know what release version is out and is the most current?  I will look at it later on when I have my tablet with me as I'm sure you'll use this as another delaying tactic.

Very disappointed that this is such a long outstanding problem - and many of us don't seem to be getting the full service that we are paying for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV version is 4.6

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How is it that so many people are experiencing exactly the same problem for such a prolonged period of time and it cannot seem to be resolved? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reported 16April but no fix yet - hope below helps Nowtv (my tablet is Galaxy SM-T520 standard)

What works correctly :

- Nowtv streaming server..BT isp..BT DNS..BT firewall..BT Homehub3..Nowtvbox..TV

- as above but with BT Homehub5

- Nowtv streaming server..O2 isp..O2 DNS..O2 firewall..Galaxy S3 phone (3G)..Nowtv app..Tablet <<< NOWTV NOTE THIS

What gives 0x23 or 0x29 message after making Nowtv selection..loading..connecting..........

- Nowtv streaming server..BT isp..BT DNS..BT firewall..BT Homehub3..Nowtv app..Tablet

- as above with BT Homehub5

It is NOT fixed by restarting, reinstalling app, signing out/in, counting to a million, crossing fingers etc etc ...

I believe it is a problem between the NowTV app and the BT DNS or BT firewall - we users can't fix this.

Will Nowtv please sort out their app to work properly with all isps ?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have a VK World T6 running Android 5.1. As far as I'm aware its rooted. Its saying NowTV wont run on this nmachine as it has been modified.
Can you help pls?

Ta!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi I have a VK World T6 running Android 5.1. As far as I'm aware its rooted. Its saying NowTV wont run on this nmachine as it has been modified.
Can you help pls?

Ta!

If it's rooted, then NOW TV app will not work and there is nothing you can do as they are unlikely to change their policy on rooted devices. You can double check that it is definitely rooted by downloading a root checker app from the Play Store.