cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv app won't play on my Android tablet

Sometime ago I used to watch films on my tablet but now that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I have uinstalled and reinstalled, cleared the cache but still getting the same error message: SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT. GIVE IT A MOMENT OR CHECK NOWTV.COM/STATUS FOR UP DATES (ERROR:0 X 29). Is there anything you can do to help? The funny thing is that it works on my phone just not my tablet. The people on live chat were not helpful at all. Thanks.
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've had issues with your android device. Can you try a full reboot of your router please after deleting the app again. After the reboot try re-installing the app again please.

Please re-post if you still have problems.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rand

I have done as you asked and it's still not working. The puzzling thing there is that it used to work on my tablet a few months ago. Can you offer more solutions, if not where can I ask for a refund? Thanks. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Can you please let us know if you are able to sign into the NOW TV app through the browser on your Android tablet?

You may also want to have a look at your location settings and make sure they are set to UK. 

Can you sign in and play out an any other device? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem.   I've rebooted and deleted and reinstalled the app.  I've checked my location settings and nothing has worked.   I get the same message as above every time I try to play anything on my tablet.   Beyond frustrating.  I've tried logging in and play in via the Web browser but it tells me I have to use the app!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can we just check that you are based within the UK ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I'm based in the UK!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @Anonymous User

Can you provide us with some more details of your tablet please 

Make -

Model -

Operating System version -

Any recently installed apps that may have stopped NOW TV From working -

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's a Samsung Galaxy SM-T520 OS: Android  4.4.2

NowTV has never worked on the tablet - what sort of applications might stop it working?  Everything else is fine, it's just NowTV which refuses to play anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing.

Can you please try the following:

1. Delete the NOW TV app
  2. Re install it
  3. Load up the NOW TV app and you should be ask if you'd like to receive notifications -  select No

* If you don’t get prompted with that prompt to receive notifications try to disable NOW TV Notifications in the settings.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team