cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv app Beta for andriod

Good afternoon, 

Can anyone point me in the direction of the nowtv Beta app for Android? I have had an email from the technical team (my app is not loading) to delete it and download the beta version. I have looked for it but so far cannot find anything? Can anyone else point me in the right direction? I have emailed technical back but I just thought I would ask the question here?

Sarah

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never used or tried the Beta Android mobile App to be honest, but normally the Beta version of the App is on the Google Play Store site towards the bottom of the main NowTV App page.

I just checked the page and it looks like the Beta App program is currently full.

Hopefully the NowTV Tech Team will be in touch and perhaps some how they can send you a link to the Beta App.

Hope you get it sorted.

Out of curiosity what Android mobile device are you using ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a Lenovo Tablet A10 I think. The worked fine with no problems up until about a week ago, and now it doesn't work? I have no idea what happened as there have been no software updates. 

I will have another look fir the now TV App beta version.

Thanks

Sarah

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I believe a couple of Lenovo tablet users have reported issues with the NowTV App recently 😠.

Sorry i can't offer any advice unless a Lenovo owner pops on here and knows of either a work around or fix if you have already tried removing the NowTV App from your device and reinstalled the App again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, 

Yes I've done this several times. The only way I've discoverd I can use it is to come to the nowtv community and in the green bar (top left) Tap menu, then navigate the menu and select the programme you wish to watch, it will then give you to options 1) download the app or 2) I already have the app. I select I already have the app, it asks you to sign in and it works. Yet it's using the same app that I already have on my screen? I'm not technical so i don't know why doing it this way works?

My dad also has a Lenovo tablet and can no longer watch nowtv on his tablet. So it's Lenovo as apposed to an android problem?

Many Thanks

Sarah

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Player App when you go to the NowTV website is used for Windows & Mac's PC's & Laptops using the internet browser and it will not work for an Android mobile device.

Have you gone to the Google Play Store and tried downloading the NowTV App from there ?

More information here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/install-now-tv-app-on-android-smartphone-tablet 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

Yes I have downloaded the app from the Google store many months ago and have been watching without a problem up until last weekend, now it fails to open it just loops back to the home screen on my tablet. Yet I can watch via the website which asks me to sign into the app which (I already have on my home screen from the Google store, but will not work if I try to access it directly) I can only access the app if I come in and launch it through the website. I don't understand why I can't launch it directly? And if I've read what you say correctly I shouldn't be able to this on my android tablet? As the website access is for windows, Mac's & PCs?

Have I got that right?

Sarah

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding is that the NowTV Player App on the NowTV website under the Help Centre / Community Tab is for PC's & Mac's.

Don't know how you are able to download it from here on your Android device where i just tried it myself on my Android tablet and i get this screen shot message below with a link to the Google Play Store website.

Screenshot_2019-10-19-18-56-54.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I still have the app installed (even though it doesn't launch off my home screen) but your screenshot is the screen I get I click the green button saying I already have the app and it does launch the app and  and I can watch nowtv on my Lenovo tablet. I dont know why it will launch this way and not directly. ( I hope I'm explaining this ok as I'm not very good at explaining this sort of stuff) 😁

Sarah

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The link on the screen shot takes you either to the Google Play Store to either play or remove or download the App again or start the Android NowTV App already installed on your device which was previously downloaded from the Google Apps store which is how it works on my Android tablet.

If you haven't tried deleting the NowTV App and then reinstalling the App again from the Google Apps Store, then there must be a conflict somewhere between the latest NowTV App release and your Lenovo Android Tablet.

Can't help much sorry apart from making sure your Lenovo Tablet software is up to date and perhaps give your Router a reboot.

Was going to post this thread linked below where i mentioned in my previous post that other Lenovo owners where encountering the same issue, but it looks like you have already found it.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Android-App-Crashing/m-p/509911/highlight/false#M3571

@@