cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv App wont stream from mobile to Chromecast

Hi my mobile is a note9 and for some reason it wont connect to the chromecast to play anything. It works fine on the mobile its self b7t when i go to cast it says there is an unknown error. Ive installed the app onto a tablet and im getting the same issue. The chromecast works for all other streaming services such as netflix etc but has stopped working with NowTV i pay full service not a mobile only licence and i cant work it out please help and thanks in advance.

So far i have uninstalled and reinstalled it from phone and tablet. I have rebooted the internet connection i have also rebooted the chrome and still noting. Im stuck to watching it on my mobile which isnt ideal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

This is Customer Support, or at least Customer-to-Customer support.

I would have said if I thought there was any point in contacting Live Chat, or posting on Twitter, but I don’t think there is; there’s a problem, a known and widespread problem, and NowTV are working on it.

And neither of those other support entities can tell you any more at present.

It’s probably a good idea to keep an eye on the Twitter feed, though, or on the Community here, so that you are informed when the issue is fixed; and if, at that time, it is not fixed for you and everybody else seems happy, then is the time to get onto Live Chat.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Join the club.

When you made your posting, were you not offered about eight similar and recent threads with similar titles?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I didnt, this is my first post to any kind of form so apologies if not sure what im doing. 

This issue has just started two days ago and I'm not sure why.

If you can direct me to a resolution please do so as it will be much appreciated.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

No worries; if you start posting on what is currently a hot topic, then the system is supposed to detect that, and inform you about the similar posts, so you can see you are not alone.

But I have just checked this, and it’s not working as well as it did earlier today 😢

But yes, there is a general problem with Chromecasting NowTV at the moment, across all sorts of source and sink (target) devices.

NowTV are aware of it, and are working on it.

Some people are reporting success with rebooting/factory resetting their devices, but it may be best to wait for NowTV to fix it.

Normally, I would recommend that everyone have a NowTV Stick, at least in reserve, for times like this, but NowTV have recently had issues with the UI on this as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @RoyB I'll know for next time.

Hopefully they get it sorted soon. I yhoght it seamed a little starange when o went cross platform and it still didn't work.

Thanks Again

Ian

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been unable to chromecast from mobile.

It seems I am not the only one with this issue. Rechead out on twitter, apparently should contact customer support

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

This is Customer Support, or at least Customer-to-Customer support.

I would have said if I thought there was any point in contacting Live Chat, or posting on Twitter, but I don’t think there is; there’s a problem, a known and widespread problem, and NowTV are working on it.

And neither of those other support entities can tell you any more at present.

It’s probably a good idea to keep an eye on the Twitter feed, though, or on the Community here, so that you are informed when the issue is fixed; and if, at that time, it is not fixed for you and everybody else seems happy, then is the time to get onto Live Chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So this issue has been marked as resolved when it isn't.

I am having the same issue, the app works on my device but I cannot cast to a Chromecast.

Can we change the status of this as it has not been resolved. Thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried the workaround on this thread linked below, where it seemed to work for a lot of Chromecast users using the NowTV App.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Viewing-Stopped-Something-s-Gone-Wrong/m-p/541230