cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMA
Advocate

NowTV missing every other subtitle line on some shows

Some shows on NowTV have full subtitles no problem, such as The Last of Us.

Other TV shows, such as Six Feet Under, are missing every other line. It’s really distracting. Subtitles are a must for me, and I can’t watch without them (I am hard of hearing).

I am watching on iOS 16.4 iPhone 11. Any help would be much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ContentTeam @Pete-N 

are you able to investigate for @MMA ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi would it be possible to know which season / episode of Six Feet under is having the subtitle issue ? Thanks

Thank you

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ContentTeam 

You forgot to tag in @MMA for them to see the post 😛

lilolilol
Advocate

it happens on mac app too. it's not the show or subtitles available that is the problem, it's the software. if i hit back a few seconds on what i'm watching (succession) subtitles that were missing before start to appear.

MMA
Advocate

It’s every episode. However when I’m watching on the big tv (Chromecast with Google TV), the subtitles do appear. Albeit not in a linear fashion. It most likely is a bug in the iOS app.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@lilolilol @MMA 

You need to tag the ContentTeam in for them to investigate.

@ContentTeam FYI

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Thanks for getting back to us @gavs82008 @MMA @lilolilol We will investigate this and get back to  you. Thanks

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you

McMara

The problem with subtitles seems to affect several shows (Game of Thrones and Blacklist, to name only two, but there are plenty). It’s making it impossible to watch the shows for people who need subtitles. Please check that and sort it out, TIA.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@McMara 

That member of staff has not worked for NOW in a while. Also replying to posts won’t notify them of your question/query, you must tag them in for them to see it.

Best jump onto live chat and speak with staff about it. Make sure your signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/feedback-complaints