cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app on phone downloading episodes using Wifi but still using data to watch

NowTV is an absolute nightmare.

I've been downloading Game of Thrones episodes to watch on the bus offline. I've done the downloads while in my flat, using my wifi, and the episodes have appeared under the 'Downloaded' section. I've then been watching them on the bus. It turns out every episode has used around 1.6 GB of data IN SPITE OF BEING PRE-DOWNLOADED.

My first attempt to discuss this on the online chat resulted in me being told that the server needs to validate the download using the internet (absolute nonsense). The second told me that I'm clearly not downloading things correctly (implying I'm an idiot who doesn't also use Downloads on Netflix and Amazon Prime without any issue), and that I can't download things using data (duh?)

I'm at my wits end - I've been told I'll be contacted in 24-48 hours, but clearly I won't. I'm going to cancel my NowTV subscription if this isn't sorted, but has anyone else had this issue? 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ll be honest and say that the general quality of those downloads has kept me away from using them at all. I know it isn’t ideal, but maybe switch your mobile into airplane mode or turn mobile data to OFF whilst watching something on the downloads until they can sort themselves out.