cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentor

Re: Now tv app on android signs out immediately

A year on and this is happening to me again!  Still no long term resolution, don't much fancy doing a factory reset again. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Advocate

I am also currently having this problem, its really annoying 

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I have the same issue on a Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1.1.

By the sounds of it, NOW have no intention of sorting this as it's been going on so long by all accounts, No way I'm doing a factory reset (which sounds like it's only a temporary fix anyway) so I'm afraid to say this is the end of the road for NOW TV. You don't get this crap with Netflix.

Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Now tv app on android signs out immediately (Update)

I am having same issue on two identical Lenovo tablets and know of two other people with the same problem. The issue only started after the last app update, I believe mid October 2019. Trying to get any reasonable help from Now TV technical staff is almost impossible.

Highlighted
Mentor

I have a Lenovo Tab 4 10 running Android 7.1.1. To resolve this issue I had to factory reset device using the hard reset option. Re-installed NowTV app, and now playback restored. Hard reset option accessed from powered off state by holding both power and volume-up button till menu comes up. Detailed at URL  https://www.hardreset.info/devices/lenovo/lenovo-tab-4-10-wi-fi/hardreset-first-method/

Highlighted
Mentor

Thanks for help re this, I have tried solution without success. Have now purchased Amazon Fire Tab, Now TV perfect.!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Alas as previously reported, factory reset is but a temporary fix.  Getting signed out again on payback. I have a Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus, which Lenovo released knowing they were unable to update Android on, so cannot get around this issue unless Sky/NowTV got their finger out to fix whatever their app issue is with Android Nougat 7.1.1 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Hi, thanks for response. I have now given up and purchased a new Fire10 tablet.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

needs an update to support Android TV and nvNvid shield!!!!!!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

There appears to be a bug in the NowTV device registration process with Android Nougat 7.1.1 devices. If you experience 'you have been signed out' error when trying to play content, see if your device is actually appearing on your account (my devices). If not, there's the issue! I reported it today to the chat support people, and they said they'd report it to Tech support, but judging by previous chat interactions, no one gets any further contact from Now TV support. I will be pestering [email removed] if so don't hear from them in couple of weeks.  

0 Thanks