cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app on android signs out immediately

As soon as I sign in to now tv on my android app it immediately signs me out. Message is "You've been signed out. Please sign in again". Can sign in on internet and via LG tv app and watch content.  Ive tried re-installing.  Any ideas?

52 REPLIES 52
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Not seen any other reports of that on the forum, but have you tried checking for any updates to the NOW TV app? Also, if you're connected via wifi, try turning wifi off and connecting to mobile data, and then try signing in again to see if it stays signed in. Then swap back to wifi. (Or vice versa if you were originally connected via mobile data).

If that doesn't help, post back with your phone model number and app version (can be found on the My Account screen of the NOW TV app) and someone should be able to help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My tablet doesn't have mobile data but turning on and off wifi and rebooting has not helped.  The app version is 7.0.2 my device is Galaxy Tab A SM-T550 version 7.1.1

Its worth noting that the my account section of the app shows me as signed in and I can add items to my watchlist with no issues. The 'my account' section also shows that I havent used the now tv app since 13/1/18. Obviously I have been logging in and trying to use the app for the last couple of days. Signing out via my account hasnt helped either!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User With a bit of luck an Android user will have some other suggestions for you.

In the meantime you might want to try live chat to see if they are aware of the issue.

You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My android tablet (Lenovo yoga tab 3) does exactly the same. Now TV cannot give me a reason, can anybody help?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had no luck so far. Ive been through the live chat route with no success. Still get signed out everytime I try and watch anything even though the app recognises my account and I can add programmes to 'my tv'.

Please can anyone help?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the advice of tech support I have ended up removing the now tv app, backing up my tablet, doing a factory reset, restoring from backup and then reinstalling now tv.  This seems to have fixed the issue but was a pain to do. I still have no idea what caused the error in the first place.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Hi W

I'm not much of an Android/Now TV user so I say the following purely based on what I have noticed with my own Android tablet.

Is it possible that one of the many downloads, that are always downloading when you switch on your tablet, has somehow clashed with the Now TV app?

The answer doesn't really matter now because you have solved the problem but it would be good to know, maybe your IT guy could help you to find out?

UK Bob

PS.  You know, your solution is usually used when two software apps try to use the same memory address.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That is absolutely possible. However I restored all my other apps prior to reinstalling Now tv after the reset. If there was a clash I would expect it to have happened again.
I very appreciate the help. It would be great to understand the root cause to prevent it happening in the future.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again W

You made a valid point when you said, "...I restored all my other apps prior to reinstalling Now TV after the reset. If there was a clash I would expect it to have happened again."

I actually thought about this point as I was writing my previous post, a well written app would see that the memory address it wanted to use was already occupied and move on to the next "free" memory address.  But an app that was written in an "uncaring" manner would insist on using a memory address regardless of the consequence, which could result in an app not working, both apps not working or a system crash.

But judging from your solution, it seems that the misbehaving app was an update that insisted on using the memory that was being used by the Now TV app. However, the Now TV app, which seems to be written with a bit more care, saw that the original memory that it wanted to use was occupied and so moved on to another memory address.

Long time PC users, especially those that made the evolution from DOS to early Windows and beyond, will know where I'm coming from.

UK Bob