cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV will not stream from Huawei P20 Pro to JVC Smart TV with USB-C to HDMI Cable

Hi,

I bought Now TV mostly for films and GoT.

Today I tried to stream a film from my Huawei mobile to the TV with the USB-C to HDMI cable.

Unfortunately, it showed a message that Now TV does not support such a stream.

I can stream all my other video players through the TV this way, why not Now TV?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I went to Curry’s, where they have the packs available for £19.99, with either two month’s Entertainment, or one month’s Movies. I made sure I got the Entertainment one.

When you install the Stick, you give it your account details, and then the two month’s Pass goes and lives at the top of My Account/Passes & Vouchers. You can Redeem it there as long as you have less than one month left on your current Pass, and then it will cover the following two months for you.

There are a wealth of other services besides NowTV on these Sticks - all the major broadcasters’ Players, Netflix, and more. But not alas Amazon Prime; I have an Amazon Firestick in the next HDMI slot along for that 😁

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Express comes with a pair of batteries, HDMI cable and power cable together with a power adapter.

The HDMI cable and power cable are quite short (1 to 1.5m approx from memory).

The inbuilt WiFi antenna is pretty decent (slightly better than the NowTV stick from my experience) where the Roku Express will only operate on 2.4ghz, where there is no 5ghz option like the stick.

The Roku Express also comes with self adhesive double sided tape where if you wish you can fit the Express miniature box underneath the bottom of your TV (just make sure the box has line of sight with it's supplied Roku remote).

Perhaps have a look at a couple of YouTube videos to give you a better idea of the Roku Express.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to offer a bit of advice here, maybe consider getting yourself a wireless extender. That way you can easily set it up to push what WiFi signal your router puts out, and then just broadcasts it again from that new point. It just repeats the WiFi both ways so you can get a better reach in your home with it, closer to where you need it. That should free up your decision making on what devices to get etc, the roku express makes most sense at the lower price bracket. You'd be looking at around £45 all told. But with the added bonus of getting better WiFi in that area for mobile use etc too. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At last!

I contacted Lenovo about the problem with the sound coming from my PC instead of the TV. They suggested that I uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, so I did and rebooted. This didn't work. But uninstalling the driver had just reverted to an older driver.  So, I uninstalled that one too and rebooted again. After the second time a newer driver was installed and the sound started coming from the TV.

No roku device necessary anymore.

Thanks for everybody's help.