cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV on IPad to TV?

I've looked to resolve this myself but can't seem to get it working. 

I have Now TV but the box will no longer play through my bedroom TV (not hi tech enough) so I thought ld be able to play Now TV via the app on my IPad to play on my tv. 

Ive connected it using an apple lightening digital AV adapter and HDMI cable but I keep getting a message saying they don't support HDMI streaming, yet on the Now help page it says that this should be possible.

Can anyone advise? 

Thank you 

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using an HDMI cable. 

The agent on the help service has told me to buy Chromcast!! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am guessing the live chat advisor suggested a Chromecast to enable you to cast from your iPad to your TV (with the HDMI port) which is fine BTW ?

However i was just curious why your Bedroom TV will not work with your white nowtv box (unless you believe your box is broken / faulty) ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That normally relates to a HDMI cable issue.

Try this below.

• Switch off TV and box and disconnect the HDMI cable both ends, then reconnect the HDMI cable both ends and then see if that works.
  • If that fails try a different HDMI port on your TV (if you got one spare).
  • Last thing if the HDCP message is still there, try a different HDMI cable.
  • Reboot the box at the power mains.

I have added this NowTV guide help article linked below about the HDCP Purple Screen.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've done all that Schnapps nothing works - apparently the problem is the tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you continue to see only a purple screen, your TV or receiver may not support HDCP (a content copy-protection solution) over HDMI. This is generally true for older TV models that have early HDMI implementations that do not follow current standards.

😕

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Didn't realize that you have tried all these trouble shooting measures before.

Sounds like the box is not compatible with your TV or one the HDMI port pins on either the nowtv box or TV might be damaged.

Anyway i will leave you in peace now. Smiley Happy

Sorry i couldn't be of any help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really appreciate all your suggestions 😊 Thank you.

new bedroom to for Jinty I think lol 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Because maybe your old Bedroom TV doesn't support HDCP encryption over HDMI then perhaps that's the reason why your Apple Lighting HDMI cable will not work ?

Also something to bear in mind if you do decide to buy a Chromecast or any other HDMI device, i am guessing this will not work on your old Bedroom TV due to HDCP ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

unfortunately NOWtv in their latest app update have (without providing notice of what the update entails and therefore misleading consumers) have included a restriction disallowing an IOS device running their app to mirror the ios device to a tv via an HDMI cable.

This was previously possible but has now been removed, most likely to prevent competition with Apply TV use (cutting into Apple's products). So therefore indirectly an Apple restriction - why should we all stand for Apple and NOW TV removing functionality of a product we have purchased and used previously without our permission?

If we buy an iphone that can mirror to a tv with a cable and does so for a period - we should be given a discount on our purchase price of the IOS device if it can no longer provide this capability.

This is simply not fair and dishonest.