cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV on IPad to TV?

I've looked to resolve this myself but can't seem to get it working. 

I have Now TV but the box will no longer play through my bedroom TV (not hi tech enough) so I thought ld be able to play Now TV via the app on my IPad to play on my tv. 

Ive connected it using an apple lightening digital AV adapter and HDMI cable but I keep getting a message saying they don't support HDMI streaming, yet on the Now help page it says that this should be possible.

Can anyone advise? 

Thank you 

29 REPLIES 29
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Peach

You probably don't know this but any unsupported facility, whether beneficial or not, will be removed/deleted, usually without notice.

This is not the first time this has been done and, I'm sure, it will not be the last. You see, there is an unspoken, or unpublised, policy that Now TV religiously adheres to and both of us, as well as many others, have fallen victim to this "policy".

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You also mention in your post that your current NowTV box no longer works ?

If you post some further details about if its a white or black type box and if there is any messages / error codes on your TV screen or provide some additional information on what problems you are encountering with the Bedroom NowTV box.

Then maybe the community forum members can give you some guidance or help to see if we can get your NowTV box working again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not a digital TV - ld need to go connect it all back up again to get the message, but it didn't work on my bedroom to anymore....it used to. 

It's one of the wee white boxes 

Legend 5
Legend 5

If you are getting a new TV. I would recommend an LG Smart TV, get Now as well as other apps on it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

In case anybody comes across this old thread, please note NOW TV have now withdrawn support for using AirPlay and/or Apple adaptors with iOS devices. This now won't work with any pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was for the last month connecting my iPad and iPhone 5s through the Now TV app to my TV using the official Apple AV adapter. Today I get messages advising that this cannot be shown on external screen. Why has the app been changed to prevent this ?  What possible reason would any app supplier has to gain by preventing this. I just want to watch the game on the larger screen. ###### off. 

This is isn’t the only app that does this BT sport exactly the same. Get a grip app developers and allow iPad mirroring to work properly after folk have spent a good £50 for their adapters. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We pay for the NOW TV pass. Why should they care if I want to link my iPad to the TV to watch this on a bigger screen.

Alternatively offer NOW TV as a channel on BT TV or Virgin, like Netflix does.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User most of the channels on Now are on Virgin/BT notable exception being Sky Atlantic. You could try a Chromecast and cast to your TV.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now TV allows me to watch the sport I want when I want without a monthly subscription.

Chromecast does the same thing as my apple hdmi adapter ie links my iPad to tv.

Why should an app developer limit how I can connect my iPad?

I pay for Now TV. I should be allowed to watch it and connect it to any device I choose.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vote with your money, cancel and watch the competitor apps that do work. Plenty of other choices.