cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not working when logging in through android phone

Firstly, I normally watch Now TV by casting from the android app through a chromecast, and this is what I am trying to do. I have recently changed my password (it's definitely correct otherwise I wouldn't be here now) and since then I can't log in on devices that normally work.

I can access Now TV by logging in through the desktop site, but when I try to log in through other devices it seems to accept the login details but says that the text entered from the image is wrong (to check I'm actually human). So far this has failed on a Galaxy S5 that normally works, and also failed through Xbox 360, for the same reason. Tried everything I can think of to get round this - changed password several times, uninstalled then reinstalled the app, nothing works. Log in details are fine and I'm inputting the text on the image as it is but no luck.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  changing password won't work.  It seems your account is caught in a loop.  When you changed your password did you first log out of all devices?  Rather than just deleting and reinstalling on your android.  Delete the ghost of the app and the cache.  This will remove the memory of the app on the device and should allow you to start afresh.   

Another option is to try a different fresh android device, if you cast then play you can use any android phone or tablet.  I know this works.  I have Moto G with Android app,  Huawei with Android App (but it doesn't show in my devices) that I use to control my Chromecast , LG TV and Smart box.  You have to log in on the app just not play.  This allows you to try a fresh device.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  changing password won't work.  It seems your account is caught in a loop.  When you changed your password did you first log out of all devices?  Rather than just deleting and reinstalling on your android.  Delete the ghost of the app and the cache.  This will remove the memory of the app on the device and should allow you to start afresh.   

Another option is to try a different fresh android device, if you cast then play you can use any android phone or tablet.  I know this works.  I have Moto G with Android app,  Huawei with Android App (but it doesn't show in my devices) that I use to control my Chromecast , LG TV and Smart box.  You have to log in on the app just not play.  This allows you to try a fresh device.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.