cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV from Ipad to TV

Hi all,

I am sure this question has been asked. however, can i show what i am watching on my Now TV in Ipad Pro on an hdmi TV? This is handy for campsites where i cannot connect the Now TV box to the internet for example but can tether my 4G connection from my phone

Planning on buying an Apple AV Adaptor but would rather check first before spalshing out £50!

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately it is only currently supported for the sports pass, not any of the other passes. See here for more info

https://help.nowtv.com/article/airplay-mirroring-apple-ios

If your can't connect your box at your campsite's wifi because it uses http authentication (the kind where you have to log into a webpage first before you get access, like some hotels) then you might want to look at a Roku Express which is similar to a NOW TV box, has more apps (eg Netflix, Amazon) and has a feature called Hotel and Dorm Connect which should connect to those kinds of wifi networks.

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/215058118-how-to-use-hotel-dorm-connect-to-connect-to-the-internet

However if your campsite has no wifi and you are relying on your phone's 4G connection I'm not sure whether the Roku would connect successfully to your phone's data connection.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy, I'm glad i checked now. Do you know when Movies and Entrtainment will be able to do it? In the meantime can i buy a Roku streaming stick or would the box be better?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I'm not sure if movies or entertainment will be added to be honest, it's been like that for ages and I suspect the restriction might be something to do with their negotiations with studios. 

The main distinction between the streaming stick and the express is the stick's 4K output for apps like Netflix and Amazon (NOW TV doesn't support 4K). If you don't have a 4K TV you might as well go with the cheaper express box.

Do you have wifi available at the campsite? Like I say I'm not sure if you'd be able to tether a Roku to a phone or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I will buy the cheaper one then!

This is for New Year and the campsite has full WIFI access but will also help during the rest of the year as most campsite have the different login page that you mentioned where you have to enter an access code. So i am hopeful this will do the trick and i can keep Now TV with me while away.

You've been a great help, i know what i'm doing over the weekend!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

In case anybody comes across this old thread, please note NOW TV have now withdrawn support for using AirPlay and/or Apple adaptors with iOS devices. This now won't work with any pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Indeed, the only way to play NOWtv on your TV from your iPad is to use a "Chromecast" from Google.

From help desk:

"Currently you can cast your Ipad with TV using Google chrome cast, the configuration of Google chrome cast matches with NOW TV thus the casting is only possible through this.
When you use your lightning adapter with HDMI cable it doesn't sets with NOW TV configuration and thus you will not be able to play the video and get error."