cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app now BLOCKED on Kindle Fire HD

Until about a week ago I was able to watch Now TV on my Kindle Fire HD because I'd installed the Google Play Store and installed the standard Android app (no rooting or breaking of terms required).

I was forced to use an old version of the Now TV app because the latest version actively prevents it running on a Kindle device. This old version has now ceased to function, so I can no longer use my Kindle.

This is frankly pathetic. The Kindle is an Android tablet and Now TV has gone to the additional effort to make sure it's app will not function when installed.

I bought the Kindle Fire because it's a reasonably priced, high spec Android tablet. It allows me to use ALL the other streaming media services: iPlayer, All4, UKTV, ITV Hub and Netflix. But due to some perceived conflict of interest, it now refuses to let me use one of the services I'm paying for.

Can somebody from Now TV please explain the reasoning behind behind this?

22 REPLIES 22
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi AG

You may not know this but Now TV has never been a supported service on Amazon hardware, although some users have found a work around, but those beneficial bugs are usually zapped pretty quickly.

However, if you check out your new Now TV stick you may find some of the new "recently added" apps/channels to your liking.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bob 

Thanks for your reply however unable to do so as my kindle doesn't support now tv

So the person who thought they were doing me a favour buying it pretty much wasted their money as I can only use it when I'm at home which I'm not very often

Ag

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To add insult to injury now tv actually have the utter nerve to send me a message asking if I know what I'm missing yes you horrid company I do thanks for reminding me of the money that's being wasted because I'm away from home and you in your dreadful company policy makes sure I can't use my kindle to watch stinkers. Yes I'm aware it's a generated message doesn't make it any better