cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV and location problem

Hi please help me before I  go crazy I’ve had now tv on my iPhone 7 for 6or7 weeks using data , I don’t have WiFi and watching is very hit and miss as I keep getting ERROR now tv only works in UK and ROI Sorry but we cannot verify your location is within those territories, try again later. I actually reside on Merseyside around 5 miles through the Mersey tunnel from Liverpool so I definitely live within the area required, I have tried all kinds of things, checking that my location is turned on, correct and accessible, I’ve been through my phone doing everything I can to fix the problem, help please .

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, see if re entering your bank card details again on your NowTV online account gets rid of this message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks for taking the time to try to help me I getnowtv through my
Vodafone package/contract and for it to work is very hit and miss and my
enquiries have been passed from pillar to post all thanks to this location
error , l just wanted to say thanks anyway.
##and -Please type your repl above this line -##
--
E Diane Makin
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own an iPhone or use mobile data on my smartphone so i won't be much further help sorry.

It does sound that there is something on the phone or mobile data settings is causing the problem.

I am assuming you are not using a VPN or some sort of third party software that hides your location ?

It's a shame you haven't got any access to wifi or a wifi hotspot (instead of using mobile data) to see if it's the phone or mobile data causing the issue.

I know the NowTV system doesn't like smartphones that are not UK or ROI supplied or Rooted, but usually this flags up an "Un Supported" error message when attempting to use the NowTV App from your phone's Apps Store .

Unless another NowTV forum has any suggestions, then see if NowTV live chat can assist you further.

If live chat can't help, ask for your problem to be escalated to their Tech level for more assistance.

Hope you get it resolved.

Here's a link to live chat (click on the green chat online button) if no luck getting through to live chat, then send them a message using the web form on the same link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

am using a VPN but I turn it off when trying to or occasionally using Now tv it is a yearly subscription with Avast it renews Jan 21 does it make a difference?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not familiar with Avast VPN software, so i won't be much help apart from try setting the software to the UK, temporary switch off the VPN for testing purposes with NowTV or temporary delete the software off your iPhone to test on NowTV (only if you can reinstall the Avast VPN software after testing with NowTV).

Have you got another phone you can test with NowTV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks I’ll give it a go, the VPN renews in Jan and I’m not sure I want it
to, so maybe no great loss if I can’t get it back, watch this space.##-
Please type your reply above this line -##
--
E Diane Makin