cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not playing

Hi there hope someone can help me here.

I am using now app on both android and iPhone.

Both are connected to built-in Chromecast. When I select something to watch it comes up on my TV for seconds then goes away again.

Used now for the first time last night. Was doing the same thing but eventually played OK.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Its driving me bannans 🤦‍♂️

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is the issue on your iPhone or android as you suggested both. Is the Android a mobile phone?

For iPhones I understand that turning the private relay off can resolve some issues.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/iphone/m-p/579806

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What make and model of TV?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing has been happening To me for a week. I’m on iPhone. Latest operating system. TV is a Phillips Smart TV. On Chromecast. Connects fine and then makes out like it’s going to play and then I get a ‘Viewing Stopped’ message pop up 3 times and the TV goes back to the screensaver version of Now Tv. Asked for help on Twitter. They sent me here. A week now and can’t watch anything on the TV. Only on phone. 

Checked the private relay thing suggested (no joy). Have deleted and reinstalled the app too. Made sure it’s the latest version. Everything I can think of. This app is super buggy. This kind of bug crops up way too often. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you trying to use the virtual Chromecast on the Philips TV?

Now don’t support virtual Chromecast, only physical.

You could get one of those, but you would probably be better off with a Firestick or a Roku device, with the Now app on it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply guys.

My TV is also phillips with the built in Chromecast.

I have the app on my android phone. Which it worked on first night I used it.

Then the problem started, so we put the app on my wife's phone. Same problem 🤦‍♂️

I tried the app on my firestick, but when I went to use it, it said app no longer available 🤷‍♂️

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Now supported devices:-

• Amazon Fire TV Stick: 2nd generation or later, Fire TV Stick 4K & 4K Max, Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick Basic Edition

Is your Firestick a 1st Generation one?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it must be Roy as I have had it a long time 🤣

Time to upgrade then 🤔😜

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No not built in. External device. And I’ve cast to it hundreds of times before with no problem.