cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not able to watch after app update!

Hi there,

I updated my iOS app earlier, I am now unable to watch on my iPad after signing in. I have four devices registered, but am only viewing on one other. As far as I know I should be able to watch on two devices.

Can anybody help please?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you have updated your iPad to iOS version 10.3 then this help article explains why you may be having problems with the NowTV App.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/problems-using-now-tv-app-on-ios-10-3

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...As far as I know I should be able to watch on two devices.

This it correct @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already try re-booting your router by disconnecting the power and waiting 30 - 60 seconds before reconnecting the power?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everything rebooted, switched off and on again. No difference.

My son had the same problem with his account and the NOW TV team reset the devices on his account. This cured the problem.

Still unable to watch what I've paid for.

Many thanks for your help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you getting the maximum simultaneous streams reached where you are only permitted to watch on two devices at any given time ?

NowTV says in their help guide article that it can take about 10 minutes after stop playing on a device before swapping over to a new device (where i have noticed it takes much longer in my household setup).

Have you tried signing out of the Now TV App, switching off your iPad, then powering back on the iPad and re signing back into the latest Now TV App you have recently updated ? 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

My son had the same problem with his account and the NOW TV team reset the devices on his account. This cured the problem.

Hi again @Anonymous User,

In that case I suggest you explain your issue to a NOW TV representative and ask them to perform a device limit reset.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Adamsez
Advocate

I have a similar problem. I had to 'change device' when my PC wasn't recognised even though it was already registered and now tonight After an app update it is not recognising my iPad which i have always used and was previously registered. So 'two changes' when in fact I have made no change. As a result my iPad now can't be used.

please help. I have not actually changed any devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my now froze on the ipad and i needed to delete and reset

i now can only make one change and as 3 diff ipad are connected all just showing ipad i find it is not  going to be avaiable. i also find its rediculous that there is nobody to converse with

I HATE NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
What software is on your iPad because most apps on App Store are having few issues at moment due to Apple Event tomorrow evening due to iOS 11 , New iPhones & iPads coming to uk market like iPhone 8, X
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I think @Anonymous User might be on the right track where i am not sure if the NowTV App currently supports IOS 11.

I found this link on the forum, but not sure if NowTV have updated their App to support IOS 11 yet (might be wrong, because i don't use Apple IOS products).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/iPhone-iPod-and-iPad/IOS-11/m-p/429585#M2733

If you are using an older versions of IOS, then please ignore my post.

Hopefully the NowTV Team can confirm accordingly.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you have updated your iPad to iOS version 10.3 then this help article explains why you may be having problems with the NowTV App.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/problems-using-now-tv-app-on-ios-10-3