cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No subtitles on mobile phone app

No subtitles are available for my mobile, the Samsung Galaxy s9 plus. Is that the case for all mobile devices where NOW cinema is concerned? If so, how disappointing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately the nowtv App doesn't currently support subtitles on mobile phones according to this linked guide article.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately the nowtv App doesn't currently support subtitles on mobile phones according to this linked guide article.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you, I wonder if they plan to have subtitles for mobile devices sometime in future.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nowtv never seem to be forth coming with future information normally,  where things like 1080p and the Netflix App etc etc is coming sometime this year where they never inform customers in advance.

Then all of a sudden something is added or pops out of blue on the nowtv platform without anybody knowing about it.

The help article that i linked does mention "even more devices added in the coming months" with regards to subtitle support.

Perhaps a member of the NowTV Team could provide more information, but i doubt nothing will be confirmed or talked about in public until the devices have actually had the subtitles feature added to them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@schnapps
Shouldn’t subtitles be available on NOW TV App for Android/iPhone users became Netflix has it on there mobile app.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You need to direct this question to the NowTV Forum Team where the NowTV App and Netflix App are totally separate from two different companies.

Where on my previous posts where i mentioned Netflix is coming in 2018, what i should have said is that i believe the Netflix App is coming to the nowtv boxes and nowtv stick where i am assuming it will be a standalone App and not integrated into any NowTV App including mobile devices.