cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveA
Advocate

No option to choose Chromecast audio

Normally I use the Now TV app via my iPad and stream to my Chromecast. I have Boost and have enjoyed 5.1 audio. I had to factory reset my Android phone today and I decided to test it when watching the Formula 1. I noticed that I was getting stereo. OK, that’s normal with a newly installed app - go into settings and set Chromecast audio to 5.1. But the option wasn’t there. I switched back to the iPad and I was listening in 5.1 again, but I noticed that there was no Chromecast audio in the settings. Like an idiot (in hindsight) I logged out and logged in again and now I only have stereo with my iPad as well.

What has happened? I read about the Apple TV having no 5.1, but have NowTV removed the option for the Chromecast as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SteveA
Advocate

Just to follow up on this, a new Version 34.0.0 app has been released and I now have the Chromecast Audio option back again (both in iOS and Android). I assume that the reason it went missing was because of some bug fixed in this release.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SteveA 

I don't use my Chromecast Gen 3 for watching NOW or any TV streaming duties where it is hooked up to my HiFi system, but according to this NOW help article in the link below 5.1 surround sound is still supported with Boost on a Gen 3 and Ultra Chromecasts.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Sorry I can't offer any suggestions to try.

Maybe if you don't get a response on here perhaps try NOW live chat for further assistance and help.

Also forgot to to add that the NOW App on the iPad only offers 720p Stereo with Boost.

SteveA
Advocate

Just to follow up on this, a new Version 34.0.0 app has been released and I now have the Chromecast Audio option back again (both in iOS and Android). I assume that the reason it went missing was because of some bug fixed in this release.