cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marek
Advocate

No internet on some mobile devices

Hi, I have no internet connection on some mobile devices connected to Now Hub 2. Samsung phones are only affected, Xiaomi phones connect with no problems. It shows wifi device on the screen, trying to connect, the wifi icon flashes few times and it comes back with shout mark and no internet connection. I have fire stick connected as well and printer. 

Anyone has a solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Marek
Advocate

Hi, Solved, it seems that my wife had to change settings to private DNS with Plus Net and reverting back to Auto helped. 

Hope this helps someone 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Marek
Advocate

Hi, Solved, it seems that my wife had to change settings to private DNS with Plus Net and reverting back to Auto helped. 

Hope this helps someone 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Marek 

Bit of a long shot go into your NOW Hub Router webpage Settings and try temporary testing with IPV6 disabled (once you made the changes make sure you click on the green Apply button).

I have come across in the past that IPV6 enabled on the NOW Router can cause problems on certain Apps and websites (I don't know if this would have any bearing when attempting to connect to your wifi network, but worth a try).

If it makes no difference switch IPV6 back on again.

Also if you haven't done it already maybe split the 2.4 and 5ghz wifi bands on the NOW Router.

TheliseR
Observer

Hi Schapps, I've looked up a few articles on this, as all my devices connext to the WiFi fine, except my Samsung S22. Do you have a step by step guide on how to do the above? Thanks!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TheliseR 

Did you manage to split the two wifi bands on the NOW Hub 2 Router ?

I doubt playing around with the IPV6 will have no bearing if you can't connect your Samsung phone to the NOW Router.

I only find IPV6 problems from my experience with the NOW Router when either opening or using some Apps or websites, crashes or wifi dropouts.

I don't own a Samsung smartphone, but never had an issue with all the Android phones I have used when connecting to the NOW Router.

Sounds like there is a conflict somewhere on the phone Settings and the NOW Router if you are correctly selecting the right NOW SSID Network name and inputting the NOW wifi password correctly.

Bit of a long shot, have you done a full power switch off on the Samsung phone and power it up again and try reconnecting.