cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Panos
Advocate

NOWTV Android app does not download or play when connected to any wifi - Error code 20020

Hello,

when my phone is connected to any wifi netwrok (including my home one), my NowTV android app fails to download or even play any content.

When I attempt to play any of the content I get an "(Error code 20020) PLAYBACK_GENERAL_ERROR".

Anyway I can fix this please?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Panos 

You tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

What about a reboot to your router?

Does it work on your mobile data?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Panos 

Try deleting the app, power cycling the phone, and reinstalling it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Panos
Advocate

@gavs82008 @RoyB Thank you for your responses guys. I deleted the app, restarted the phone and re-installed it but has not worked.

The app works fine on my mobile data.

I can give restarting the router a go but I don't think it will do much as the NOWTV app installed on my TV (which is linked to the wifi) works fine.

RoyB
Legend

@Panos 

Yes, try the reboot. I have had 20 devices on my WiFi working perfectly, with just one giving trouble, rebooted the device to no effect, but seen this fixed by rebooting the router,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.