cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV and iOS 10.0.1 GM

Thought I'd start this thread as no doubt it's gonna become more of an issue at some point...

I've been happily using NOW TV on my iPhone 6S with the Public Beta of iOS 10 (not the first couple but it was working with build 5 and 6) until the final build (7), and now I'm running the final GM release (the one going to the public on the 13th) and it's still not working.

I'm just wondering when you'll be pushing the update as you've got less than a week to get it running before you get bombarded with people unhappy your app won't run!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The update to our app to support iOs 10 is in the final stages of development and testing.

No exact date has been given for launch but when I find out I will let you know.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, like I said, you've got until Tuesday to get it ready otherwise people will update and then find out they can't use the app! Strange how it did work and then you pulled support, as it was working fine!

Might be best to put a notice somewhere to advise against updating until you've released the update...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The current information on the NowTV help site still promises the app will work upon iOS 10 release:

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices
"You won’t be able to use the NOW TV app on your device if you’ve installed the iOS 10 beta trial. The NOW TV app will work normally on the full version of iOS 10 when it’s released."

If instead the NowTv app will not work on iOS 10 until a revised version is published sometimes after the iOS 10 release, then the info on the help page should reflect that.
I would even place a clear warning on the NowTV homepage.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I'm using the final release and it doesn't work so they definitely need to update their app/settings to allow it to work again...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

New update received today, seems to be working in that I'm now not getting the message that I have to update but I can't test it until October 1st as I'd removed my device was my registered devices (d'oh!!)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have a word with live chat to see if they will free up a device slot this month instead of waiting until October.

Click on link page below for nowtv live chat.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like I will hang on a day or two before updating all my IOS devices and check out these forums for confirmation all is ok as I watch a lot of Nowtv content on my night shift and don't want to have to resort to doing some work instead if it's not working !

Jason.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

Have a word with live chat to see if they will free up a device slot this month instead of waiting until October.

Click on link page below for nowtv live chat.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

They did just that and I can now confirm it's working on the release build of iOS 10!! 😄