cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Multiple streaming error

You keep telling me I’m streaming elsewhere and on more than one device even though I know that’s not the case (and your device log shows that). 

Only been happening since you introduced the boost.  Feels a bit scammish in that I have to pay to resolve this. 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If your switching devices it can take around 10-15 minutes before you watch on another device.

From my understanding the quickest way is to log out of the device your not using.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You have mentioned Chromecast in the post labels.

Have you tried casting first, before you physically press the play button on the NOW App on your phone ?

When doing it the opposite way around it would always take up two devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for your reply. I do cast first, I’ve tried both ways. My
husband uses a Google pixel phone and it’s the same for him.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If that's the case i have no idea on what's going wrong (unless the phone has had a recent firmware update and the NOW software is getting confused that there is two devices from the same phone being used).

Because i have a Boost Membership and don't use my Chromecast anymore i can't test out the cast first method, which used to work prior to Boost when you was restricted to a maximum 6 devices on your account (before this registered device restriction was removed by NOW back in the Summer 2021).

I am guessing you have followed these instructions about device management.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices 

Maybe go onto live chat and see if they can help further.

Use the green chat online button from this link page below to contact them.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint