cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is NowTV available as a download for Nvidia Shield Set Top Box ?

Does anybody know if the NowTV App is available as a download for the 'Nvidia Shield Box' as i'm very tempted to upgrade as Plex is not properly supported on the NowTV box - Also if anybody has the Nvidia Shield box with the Plex Media Server App installed, could you tell me if it has the option to 'View By Folder' as this option is missing from some versions and is very important for my personal setup.

Thanks

129 REPLIES 129
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Makes no sense that they wouldn’t put it on shield as it’s Android coz Now TV is available on every Android phone in existence. Sort it out Now TV

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Peter

Now TV does not support NVidia Shield and probably never will, so it is sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy im super excited to hear this. I can sleep well at night knowing this 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Peter

Glad to oblige, sleep well.

Sleeping Emoji.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This didn't age well....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you have anymore luck this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Did you have anymore luck this?

You need mouse emulation app...

Like nearly all Android apps they are not built for NON touch screen usage...

This is what the lean back interface standard and many more changes are done to get apps to work on HDTV devices... 

So apps sideloaded have multi issues...

Its likely why the Googlecast bug fix is cheaper.. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you try to play any content in the app it says "Hdmi out not supported" 

You would think this was an easy fix but it must be more difficult as it would have been sorted by now.

Hopefully something can be done soon as we have been waiting for ages to get this up and running, the shield would be ideal for this app to run on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

When you try to play any content in the app it says "Hdmi out not supported" 

You would think this was an easy fix but it must be more difficult as it would have been sorted by now.

Hopefully something can be done soon as we have been waiting for ages to get this up and running, the shield would be ideal for this app to run on.

NowTV don't support SD feed app on HDTV... And Realy Neither should you...

On demand HDTV apps sould provide HD on demand content...

NowTV android does not do HD feeds. NowTV have only licensed SD content on Android so its more than unlocking HDMI , they would have to get agreement for another HD app and the fees that go with it to License it as they did with the EE box when it was added... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's the difference between streaming the app from my acer revo mini pc or from the Shield ?

The windows version streams in excellent quality and the android app streams fine on my Samsung Galaxy tab pro.

Why is it more difficult to allow the shield access?