cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyHall
Advocate

Re: Is NowTV available as a download for Nvidia Shield Set Top Box ?

Shield TV Owner here and use this device for games and streaming (inc Amazon Prime), just signed up for Now fibre with 3 Month trial on Now TV Pass. Very disappointed to find out this is not supported on Shield TV or my new Hisense 4K Smart TV, will be cancelling the Now TV Pass as I don’t want to buy another streaming stick/remote when the Shield TV & Smart TV should be enough. Yes people wont buy a Shield TV just for Now TV, they buy a Shield because it’s a very powerful games and streaming box that can handle pretty much anything you throw at it (apart from Now TV)

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AndyHall 

NowTV don’t support any Android boxes, including the NVidia Shield.

Just Android phones and tablets.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
PabloJ
Advocate

You may not really need it, as Shield TV has full Chromecast, you can legitimately cast the NowTV content from your phone, 

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Makes no sense that they wouldn’t put it on shield as it’s Android coz Now TV is available on every Android phone in existence. Sort it out Now TV

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Peter

Now TV does not support NVidia Shield and probably never will, so it is sorted.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy im super excited to hear this. I can sleep well at night knowing this 

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Peter

Glad to oblige, sleep well.

Sleeping Emoji.png

0 Thanks
Fwaffy
Mentor

I find it weird that Netflix, Amazon Disney all are available on multiple devices yet the only awkward one on every alternative device is NowTV. It's as if they really don't give a crap about their customers and have the rather unhelpful attitude of - you want to watch NowTV, you gonna have to use one of limited devices next to the other one you own that covers literally every other streaming service!!

Their broadband was equally restricted. The NowTV hub was garbage but because I would need a code to use a decent router, and everything on the internet pointed to NowTV not giving me it, I changed provider.

NowTV are a bit paranoid, lazy and generally don't listen to their customers needs

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Legend

@Fwaffy 

OK Waffy

Now TV is restricted but you don't have to use their kit to receive their services, e.g.  I don't use Now TV's BB or their Internet streaming devices, nor do I need any special code, and I'm just fine with it.

So really, there's plenty of choice out there, it's just up to you to choose from the non-Now TV compatible kit available.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Brian81
Advocate

This didn't age well....

0 Thanks