cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is NowTV available as a download for Nvidia Shield Set Top Box ?

Does anybody know if the NowTV App is available as a download for the 'Nvidia Shield Box' as i'm very tempted to upgrade as Plex is not properly supported on the NowTV box - Also if anybody has the Nvidia Shield box with the Plex Media Server App installed, could you tell me if it has the option to 'View By Folder' as this option is missing from some versions and is very important for my personal setup.

Thanks

129 REPLIES 129
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep it loads.

NOW TV_20160614_113528.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

O your in portrait mode you need rotate to landscape app... lol...

then may be the blocked notification will show up..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV_20160614_134712.png

I put it in landscape mode and it loads, the side panel opens but the remote cannot navigate 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I get time I will run the app through   apk2tv and see if that makes any difference, I've used the tool on a few other apps so they show on the main screen in the past with success.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl,

Do you have any update for us eagerly waiting folk?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Our response hasn't changed regarding this device.

It is still an unsupported device and as far as we have heard, at present there are no plans for a native app, but never say never.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl,

Are you able to confrim is this is now working with the shield?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Karl,

Are you able to confrim is this is now working with the shield?

This should work Via Chromecast, i've done it myself. However sideloaidng won't work at all, although i did manage to get BT Sports working via Sideload over a year ago. The NOW TV app will actually load but once you go to play something you'll get an error. I'll try and get it set up for Chromecast tonight when i'm back from work and update this thread tomorrow @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

that would be great to understand exactly what works and the steps requried.

I don't have the NowTV app sideloaded.

I simply tried to cast a nowtv video to my shield (on the latest SW) by pressing the cast button but it would not cast. Shiled shows but wont work.

flicking to my seperate chromecasts work perfecly as expected. but the shield will not.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

that would be great to understand exactly what works and the steps requried.

I don't have the NowTV app sideloaded.

I simply tried to cast a nowtv video to my shield (on the latest SW) by pressing the cast button but it would not cast. Shiled shows but wont work.

flicking to my seperate chromecasts work perfecly as expected. but the shield will not.

Understandable @Anonymous User I'll defs have a check tonight to see what steps i am taking and what works and what doesn't. Have you connected via Wifi Or Lan?