cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Intermittent Wi-Fi connection on iPhone

Hi,

The Wi-Fi connection on iphone keeps dropping. I've only been with NowTV for 8 weeks and has only started doing this in the last 2-3 weeks. I've contacted and changed the channel so fine on laptop but connection continues to drop on the iphone throughout the day. 

Has anyone had anything similar happen and/or any advice to fix this?

Thank you! 

6 REPLIES 6
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

The Wi-Fi connection on iphone keeps dropping. I've only been with NowTV for 8 weeks and has only started doing this in the last 2-3 weeks. I've contacted and changed the channel so fine on laptop but connection continues to drop on the iphone throughout the day. 

Has anyone had anything similar happen and/or any advice to fix this?

Thank you! 

Hi @Anonymous User 

As you've already went through changing the channels and such we will just focus on the iPhone for now. What model of iPhone is it anyway?

Here's a guide i found on the internet but not sure if it's relevant to you

iPhone Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.

Another iPhone Wi-Fi problem is that it keeps disconnecting at random intervals. This is an irritating Wi-Fi not working on iPhone problem as it keeps disrupting the internet access. You might be using Wi-Fi on your device only to find out that it suddenly disconnects.

To fix this iPhone Wi-Fi not working problem and use uninterrupted internet on the iPhone, follow the few steps as explained below:

First, make sure your iPhone is in the Wi-Fi’s range as every router has its specific range to which it caters.

Second, check with other devices too. If the same problem persists on your laptop, etc then you might need to contact your service provider.

Third, y ou can also visit “Settings” >“Wi-Fi” >“ network name” > Information Icon and finally tap on “Forget this Network” and rejoin it after a few minutes.

wifi not working on iphone-forget this network

Fourth, renew the lease on the iPhone by visiting “Settings” then tapping on “Wi-Fi” and selecting your network. Then, tap on “i” and hit “Renew Lease”.

wifi not working on iphone-renew lease

Finally, you can try to reset your network settings as explained earlier which is a one stop solution to fix all types of iPhone Wi-Fi, not working problems.

[Source: https://drfone.wondershare.com/iphone-problems/wifi-not-working-on-iphone.html#part_3]

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi we are having the same problems after being with nowtv for 2 weeks. Customer services can’t seem to advise and the iPhone was working fine with sky our previous supplier. Did you find anything that worked?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve also got this problem and tried all of the above with no success!!

Getting incredibly frustrated as using up my data!!

hope someone can help!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, but perhaps try these adjustments on your NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

In my setup 2.4GHz wifi works better for me in my Home environment than 5GHz, where i have set all my devices  for 2.4GHz.

Also a few mobile phone users have reported no wifi connection or random wifi drop outs on their phones using the NowTV Hub 2 Router, where i was experiencing loss of wifi connection on my Chromecast devices (until i altered my Hub 2 settings by following the be!ow instructions).

Where you could try accessing the Hub 2 Router webpage settings (following steps 1 & 2 above and instead of selecting the Maintenance Tab, select the Advanced Tab), then select the LAN IP Setup tab below it, then disable the IPV 6 on Lan side by unticking the box and clicking the green Apply Button towards the bottom of the screen.

The disable of the IPV6 over Lan seemed to help people who have reported wifi random dropouts on their Android phone using the NowTV Hub 2.

I don't own an iPhone so i don't know if the above helps or not.

If you wish to return to the NowTV Hub Router default settings because the above makes things worse, then hold in the reset button on the back of the Router for about 10 seconds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s amazing thank you so much for such a detailed response!!

I was so hopeful but it made the internet for all the other devices terrible and didn’t help the iPhone!

still a problem unfortunately and starting to be costly. 

thanks again, hopefully someone finds an answer!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own an iPhone or iPad so i won't be much further help.

If it was me i would give the NowTV Broadband Team a call for further assistance & help (use the telephone number shown on this link page below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1