cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

IPad viewing problems.

Just wondering if anyone knows how I can remove the black bands at the top and bottom of my iPad Air 2 screen during movie playback? I have up to date iOS software and I have tried manually enlarging the image without success. The two bands take up about half the screen.

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

When the movie is playing, double tap in the middle of the screen to zoom in to full screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for that Andy, but there is still a (now slightly smaller) black band at the top and bottom of the screen. I don't get this problem when using the same device with Amazon Prime movies where there is an option to use full screen view.

Regards,

Arturo
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The iPad app will only zoom a 16:9 aspect ratio picture to the iPad's 4:3 full-screen aspect. So widescreen entertainment content and films presented in 16:9 (say, Home Alone 2) will zoom correctly to fill the screen. Other films in a wider aspect, such as The Revenant (2.35:1) will still have black bars top and bottom when zoomed.

This is the best you can get with the NOW TV app I'm afraid, and is probably for the best as zooming wider ratio films such as The Revenant to 4:3 would result in a significant amount of the action to the left and right being cropped completely.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Useful info Andy, 

many thanks!