cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a sky sports mobile month pass but wont let me watch

I have a sky sports mobile month pass but wont let me watch. It says pass required but when i go to my account it says i have a pass. I am wasting money as bought to watch something yesterday but i couldn't watch it so would like money back.

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Are you trying to watch on a phone or tablet? With the mobile sports pass you can only watch on a phone, and even then only a limited number of channels are available. For anything else you need a full sports pass.

Oh, and the mobile sports pass doesn’t support casting to a tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Im a trying on my phone. The only channel it lets ne watch is sky sports
premier leauge. I cannot watch any others as it says pass needed.
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same issue.  I disconnected the Now TV app from my Chromecast and it fixed the problem.

Note that it's quite restrictive.  Only one channel of any interest (Prem league) and you can't cast to a TV.  Disappointing but you get what you pay for.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

To amplify the comments above, the pass will only work on a smartphone and not any other device - not even a tablet. And not casting to a TV, I learn.

And it will get you only these five of the eleven Sports channels - Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports Racing and Sky Sports News.

Within these limitations, it will work (or should work!) and it will be free.

Are you trying to operate outside these constraints?

It might be better if NowTV could detect your Mobile pass when you tried to access the other six Sports channels, or tried to use a device other than a smartphone, and give you a message accordingly, but it seems you just get told you need to subscribe for an additional pass in all those cases.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.