cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also having trouble using now tv app on my hudl 2, i can get into the menu but when i press play the app crashes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry about the delayed reply.

Can you try the steps listed here?

Let us know how it went.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Good news: This should be fixed now.

Can you try watching again, and if that doesn't work, double check you've got the latest version of the NOW TV app in the Play Store?

Thanks,

Tom

PS. I've merged all of the topics about this issue together, so it's easier for us to spot if anybody is still having issues.

Oddius
Scholar

TY got an email from the NOW TV lastnight confirming the connectivity issue, and it was now resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My hudl stopped working after the latest update. The app closes when I try to watch any program

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for posting, are you still having this issue? If so can you try the steps here which worked for that customer. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was working until about an hour ago tried all the fixes in the comments. No luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the problems,

I can see that @Anonymous User has already resolved this for you.

Hope that helped.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

8 Nov 2015

NowTV app has stopped working on my hudl2. Help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In sorting  crashing Now TV  apps on Hudl, I have without warning,  exceeded my monthly change allowance. Reistalling the apps every time I want to use it seems to solve the problem but now I can't add my Hudl. Previously it has worked fine. Can the Now Team help please