cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any chance of sharing the solution to this problem as my Hudl 2 is also showing this error message
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the main thing is to remove root. The suggestion to help is this guide with the warning that Sky/NOW TV take no responsibility for other apps being installed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been watching Now TV on my Hudl 2 for a few months now and suddenly it has stopped working. I have no problem with Amazon, Netflix, Blinkbox or BBC Iplayer on it, but for the last two days or so I get the message "There was a network connectivity issue, please try again." I have uninstalled the app then installed it again but it hasn't made a difference. Is there a problem at your end?

Thank you in advance for any help.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Out of interest, have you recently upgraded the Android operating system (OS) on your Hudl 2?

Tesco have been rolling out OS updates for the Hudl 2. I upgraded mine a couple of days ago from version 4.4.2 to 5.1. I can confirm that I'm able to navigate through the on-screen content just fine but (I'll be honest) I've not tried playing anything yet...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm so sorry, I've got the Hudl1. I did have the 2 until a few months ago, but lost it and replaced it with this one. Such a doofus Woman Embarassed although the rest of my original post still stands. It worked great, then it didn't. I can still navigate through everything just fine, it just won't play anything. I've got Android version 4.2.2 and kernel version 3.0.36+ although I have no idea what that means...thank you so much for your reply though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same has happened on my Samsung Android tablet. The only way at the moment to watch a film is to logout of NOW TV then login again. Unfortunately this has to be done everytime you want to watch

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, Sorry to hear you're having these issues. Have you both tried rebooting your router and made sure there are no outstanding updates on the app.

Let us know how you get on. Please make sure you're using the wi-fi when viewing.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
Restarting the router then logging out/in resolved it, thanks for the advice
Alex

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issues - upgraded the OS on my hudl2 2 days ago, everything was fine yesterday & this morning, but now I can log in, scroll through, find things to watch, but when I try to watch anything the screen goes black then the app closes down. I've tried all the suggestions above, any other ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you try deleting the app, then switching off your device, switching it back on and redownloading the app.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team