cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried the options that are suggested at the start of this topic ?

Thanks

Andy

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're aware that a number of Tesco Hudl 2 users are experiencing an issue where the NOW TV app crashes in some circumstances.

We are working to resolve this issue, however it would really help us if you could answer the following questions:

1. What was the date and time that the crash occurred (accurate to the nearest minute if possible)?
  2. What were the steps leading up to the crash?
  3. Was this issue resolved by restarting the app? (we understand that for some users this did not help)
  4. Was the issue resolved by going to settings->apps->NOW TV, and selecting Clear Cache and Force Stop?
  5. Is there any other information you think would be relevant?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every 1 or 2 days. Might get through to choice of program, on choosing it returns to my desktop screen.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post.

Would you be able to answer the numbered questions provided in @Karl-F 's post so we can gather as much detail as possible for this issue.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Clearing cache seems to have solved issue.

Still annoying!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anytime I open the app on the hudl 2 it shuts down. Restarting does not help. i need to uninstall and reinstall the app and it will work once. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every time I try to watch something It buffers for a while, then it gives me this error message 'Something's gone wrong. If the problem persists, contact Online Support team (-41942924)'

I click ok, it takes me back to the series menu (I have Entertainment Pass) and I click the episode again, and it does it again then maybe it lets me load and play the damn thing.

Most recently this happened at 10.45 today.

Sometimes it blacks out and crashes in teh middle of the episode.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I've tried clearing the cache. Nope nothing works.

Yes it's a Hudl 2. I'll keep adding here every time it happens.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok and again this minute 10.47. Trying to watch Trueblood Series 3 Episode 3. Will try the steps....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So. I closed the app reopened it. Went to My TV clicked the episode and it loaded, but it forgot where I was and didn't give me the resume option. Still, it didn't give me the error.

I ahve noticed it doesn't remember where I am in episodes very often. Even though I'm not swopping around devices mid episode etc, always watch on the hudl2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

3.20pm today. Trueblood series 3 episode 6. The last few worked fine on finishing when I managed to catch the 'on next' button. This time I didn't so it went to My TV (where I started from) Clicked the back arrow, went to Movies (I don't have movie pass), went to entertainment, searched Trueblood, clicked the episode. Came up with same error message as before.

Clicked ok, did a bit of thinking, worked straight away this time (new episode - 6)