cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

ken731 wrote:
Will unroofing my tablet cause me any future issues as i got same message coming up

ken731 wrote:
Unrooting, effing predictive text

Probably...

Sufficed to say you don't need to 'root' your Hudl if you don't want to see the Tesco UI and Tesco apps. Just install 'Apex Launcher' and create a custom UI. This is what I've done. And not even the last Android upgrade altered my custom UI Smiley Very Happy

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue with my Xperia Z tablet after a proper Sony update to 5.1. Now TV's idea was to get me to factory reset the device and reinstall Now TV. I said that was complete crap but they pursuaded me any way. Sure enough that was complete crap and now not only do I have to set <i>everything</i> up again, all the kids ColorFy stuff and games data has gone, I still don't have Now TV working. They blame it on the DRM stuff they're obliged to add in. I've taken out a Netfkix subscription and I have absolutley no trouble in instaling it on any device <i>and</i> I'm not crippled by draconian device limits. I work for a company who produce apps. If we ever treated our users like this they'd leave in droves.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Similar to other queries..."this device has been modified" etc. Would appreciate help with this please!
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We are aware of an issue with this device and we're currently working on the issue. I've added your details to the investigation and you will be emailed with updates as they happen.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I have been using NowTV for more than 6 months on my Hudl2. This January it has stopped working effectively.

Using: Hudl2 android OS 5.1 (up to date) .

issue :crashes when video play starts.

To fix this I have been reinstalling the app. This has been necessary each time after the hudl2 has been switched off.I am successfully watching NowTV using the black box, wifi and TV.

Tonight it is reporting connectivity issues when I try to log in.Any suggestions?

My hudl is not rooted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Back up your phone... 

be extremely carefull what apps you install on phones

Users on other forums found some of the popular apps are installing developer development kit type files are triggering errors on that brand of tesco and some other big brands phone...

Apps like "Clear master" must not be installed... as it kills apps... 

What have you been installing..

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Back up your phone... 

be extremely carefull what apps you install on phones

Users on other forums found some of the popular apps are installing developer development kit type files are triggering errors on that brand of tesco and some other big brands phone...

The Tesco Hudl devices are actually 7" and 8.3" tablets Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That app only considers It a phone Smiley Tongue Thats why it breaks support instaling wrong files breaking other apps...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not sure I follow. Hudl2 is not a phone. The app worked prior to Jan. I don't have clear master or suspect apps on the device.

Anyone else experiencing issues?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem too.plz email me as well

Thx