cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello    i have the same problem    rebooted my router and this did nothing    only by logging on to now tv can i watch now tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please try updating your Android OS, then delete the NOW TV app and re-install it.

Hope that helps and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all         you have fixed (or someone has) the problem   thank you    regards  bugwiskers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same probs with my hudl 2 worked fine before lollipop update ! Have to keep uninstalling app now and reinstalling to get it to work ! Not happy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @micmacmoc @Anonymous User

Thank you for posting, very sorry to hear this. Can you confirm if any of you see an error message when it crashes? Do you have issues with any other device? 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have been trying to watch the F1 coverage yesterday, and Japan highlights tonight.

I keep getting a message saying connectivity issues.

The app worked fine 2 weeks ago. I have tried on my phone connected to 4Gee and WIFI at home&work. I also tried on my tablet on home WIFI with the same response. The app built into EETV is working fine despite on the same WIFI.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me also trying to watch movies on my samsung galaxy tab 3, never had this problem before. Now TV needs to sort this out as I dont think it's a problem with android, as it was working previously and we are not isolated cases. I have not changed anything on my tablet or wifi, very disappointed in what was a brilliant service. Look forward to it being resolved hopefully!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, very sorry to hear this. We are aware of some customers having this issue. Some customer have resolved the issue by deleting the app and then re-installing. Making sure the software version is over 4.4.3

Can you try this and let us know how you get on. If you still have issues we'll have a look into this for you further. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
App kicks you off works for a day then stops opening then have to reinstall and it works again worked fine till the lollipop update on my hudl 2
micmacmoc
Mentor
Same here. Missed the darts arsing about with bad app