cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

I believe this has now been sorted for you by a member of the team please let us know if you need any more help.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about this issues you have encountered when trying to view on your Hudl Tablet. 

Can you please let us know if you have performed any further updates? If not can you please try to do so. You may also want to try uninstalling and re-installing the app. 

When the app crashes, do you see any error message at all? Do you have any other device that you can try to see if you experience the same issue? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Ranj-S

The app on my hudl2 doesn't always work first time but when it does it works fine until i press play to watch something then it crashes, i then unistall the app redownload it and it works fine until i turn off my hudl then its starts crashing again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I've uninstalled, rebooted the tablet and router and it still does not connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update, 

Whilst the app is still quite slow, the problem appears to be Episode 17 of Wheeler Dealers, lmao 😂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Update, 

Whilst the app is still quite slow, the problem appears to be Episode 17 of Wheeler Dealers, lmao 😂

So NOW TV now functions on your Hudl2... Good news Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting. Glad to hear your Hudl is working again, in regards to the Wheeler Dealers episode there is an issue with that particular episode which is why it's not working. Apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope to have it resolved as quickly as we can.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also having trouble using now tv app on my hudl 2, i can get into the menu but when i press play the app crashes.

micmacmoc
Mentor

SAME HERE.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello Ranj,

Thanks for your email. I had a further problem with the app, but I think
I've resolved it by doing the following and I hope it helps others:

1. Uninstall NowTV app.
2. Disable Google Webview.
3. Go into settings, then Storage and find the Cache folder. Users who
have upgraded to Lollipop might find a large cache - mine was 1gb! Clear