cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks jospicer1971 seams to have worked for me Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting. Glad to hear your Hudl is working again, in regards to the Wheeler Dealers episode there is an issue with that particular episode which is why it's not working. Apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope to have it resolved as quickly as we can.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

micmacmoc
Mentor
So frustrating. Have to delete and reinstate app every time i out nowtv on. Really really irritating.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am having the same problem, with my hudl 1, having to delete the app and then reload every time. Very frustrating
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting this error message since October 4th, watched a program, went to watch the next in the series and got the connectivity error.

Have had the same message ever since.

I have tried all the advice on here, nothing to update, cleared cache, factory reset, restarted router, and finally uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I'm still getting the message and even get it n when I try to log in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that. 

Please can you try the following as it has worked for other NOW TV users:

1. Uninstall NowTV app.
2. Disable Google Webview.
3. Go into settings, then Storage and find the Cache folder. Users who
have upgraded to Lollipop might find a large cache. Clear cache.
4. Reinstall NowTV.

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done all that and still have the same issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting back in touch, sorry to hear you've had issues still. I will send you an e-mail now. Keep an eye out on your inbox.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't watch now TV on my huddle I have to uninstall app every time I switch off huddle previous posts say this has been resolved but clearly hasn't 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum MartyBoy,

Out of interest: -

Which version of the Hudl do you have?

Which version of Android OS is running on your Hudl

Which version of the NOWTV app do you have installed on your Hudl?

Cheers