cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks, Steve! Received the email and followed the steps and all working now - it was a superuser app that needed to be uninstalled.

Much appreciated. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello there,

Having the same problem with NowTV on a hudl2... Message says 'remove all modifications' and i have no idea how to do this!

Any help appreciated 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you don't know how to unroot you can try these steps, but they are at your own risk. 

1. Install the SuperSU application from Google Play.

2. Run the SuperSU app, go to Settings, and choose “Full unroot”.

3. Uninstall Superuser, SuperSU and Cydia Substrates, if they are still installed on your device.

4. Reboot you device.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

After I bought my Hudl 2 I decided to install 'Apex Launcher' instead of rooting and/or performing other forms of Android surgery!

Although my Hudl 2 is sill running 4.4.2, I've not had any problems running NOW TV Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I have the same problem. Please email me the solution as well. Thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi. I have the same problem. Please email me the solution as well. Thanks

First things first. Have you modified your Hudl in any way?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wasted hours of my life yesterday and today struggling to make sense of the mixed 'customer service' I was given by the NowTV online chat reps - but then spoke to Fahad (who claimed to be a manager) and that person told me the Hudl 2 Android tablet DID support NowTV.

So, signed up and downloaded the app and sorted everything out with the family to watch the football from the app on the Hudl 2  via HDMI on the big TV.

But... what nobody told me, and what there is no mention of whatsoever on the NowTV website is as soon as you plug HDMI into the device (Hudl 2), it cuts off the feed and you get a purposely annoying message on your TV saying 'Oops! Sorry, not for now.  You can't get NOW TV on this connected device yet'.

Well I wish someone had told me that before I got involved with this!

In talking to another useless person on the live chat this morning to ask if it had been disabled on purpose, I was told that it had been disabled as some people experience buffering problems when connected to HDMI.

I asked why and never got a straight answer.

So... I watch BBC iPlayer on my Hudl 2 connected to my TV via HDMI and I watch Netflix on my Hudl 2 connected to my TV via HDMI.  How come everything from iPlayer, ITV Player, Netflix and YouTube etc etc can all be watched on a big TV via HDMI with no problems whatsoever.... yet NowTV claim it causes problems?  Extremely poor app as HDMI is part of the Android system on 4.0.

The worst thing about all this though... is that NowTV keep quiet about it all and don't tell you on the website you can't do the one thing that is plainly obvious alot of people will want to do - and thats watch in on a big TV.

An absolute shambles!

😞

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

Whilst I can't solve the problem you've got directly, if you have a Chromecast in your household, you should be able to use that with most Android devices to cast NOW TV to your TV. Also, it's worth having a look at the list of supported devices, as you can have up to 4 devices registered on your account. For instance, you might have a suitable games console that you can download and use the Now TV app on.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices