cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HP Slate compatibility removed

Used to be able to watch NowTV via the Android App, now getting Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to yout TV from mobile devices.

When did this suddenly become unsupported.

14 REPLIES 14
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

7” and 10” yes, but a 21” model?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

What was the fix?  & do you know why the 21” would be different?

cheers

Phil

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User  (Phil)

I don’t know the fix, I’m afraid, and I’m still trying to get to grips with what the problem is here; whether Slates won’t run NowTV at all, or whether they try to, but give the ‘HDMI connection not allowed’ message even though nothing is connected there, or what; and which size or sizes of Slates give the issue. And even how people are trying to run NowTV on Slates; by downloading an app (and from where?) or via the website, in the Chrome browser.

But the 21in model was marketed by HP as an ‘Android Desktop PC’, so it is possible that NowTV identified it as a PC, for which the rules are different from tablets, which the 7 and 10 inch models would likely be. As you can cast from a tablet, but not from a desktop PC, and you can download programmes onto a tablet, but not to a desktop PC.

So can you please state which size of Slate you have and precisely what issue you personally are having, and we can maybe go from there?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @RoyB 

I have a HP slate 21 Pro, & I downloaded the app when prompted by NowTV from the App Store.  The issue I’m having is that I get an error message regarding being unable to display HDMI...as described in earlier posts.

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

Kind regards 

Phil

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

So it looks like the app is erroneously detecting an HDMI Out in use, when this isn’t the case.

Has your Slate actually got an HDMI Out? If so, is it possible for you to disable it, at least temporarily, and see if this fixes the problem?

Not as an intended solution, of course, but as a test and a possible workaround.